Last Updated on June 13, 2022 by Alex D Conner
When you need to replace the battery of your HP laptop, then the most important thing you must know is the HP laptop battery number. If you don’t know the model number of your HP laptop battery, you should look it up prior to replacing it with a newer one. It will help you get the right battery for your HP laptop, and you will not lose money over buying a mistaken battery model.
You can find out the battery model number in various ways, even if it is lost or faded away. How to find the HP laptop battery model number? You don’t need to be a specialist in computers or electronics to figure things out. In this article, I will share with you some methods to check laptop battery model of HP. So, keep up with the reading.
- 1 How Do I Need to Check The Model of My HP laptop’s Battery?
- 2 How To Check The Battery Model in an HP Laptop?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)-How to Find HP Laptop Battery Model Number
- 4 Wrapping it up-How to Find HP Laptop Battery Model Number?
How Do I Need to Check The Model of My HP laptop’s Battery?
You should know the battery model of your HP laptop when you are going to replace it with the newer one. It is clear that when you replace the older battery with the one, you will not get the same one. So, it is critical to check the laptop battery serial number to get an alternative that works well with your laptop.
How To Check The Battery Model in an HP Laptop?
You can find out the battery part number of your HP by any of the following methods:
Method 1: Check on The Bottom of Your Laptop
Here are the steps to find the hp laptop battery model number
- Make sure the bottom of your laptop is pointing up.
- Look along the bottom edge for a sticker or series of stickers that may contain information about your computer and its components, including an identification number for your battery.
- Use this information to identify which battery you need when purchasing a new one for your laptop.
Follows these steps to identify the model number of the HP laptop battery via inspecting the charger/power adaptor:
- If there is no sticker on the bottom of your computer, look at your power adapter and charger cord for information about your battery model number.
- The label on these items may also provide this information, just like that found on the underside of your laptop or other device housing your battery.
Method 3: Lookup Through The system’s Settings
To find the model number of battery in your HP laptop, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, and then click All Programs.
- Click the Accessories folder, and then click System Tools.
- Click System Information.
- In the left pane, click Hardware Resources, and then click Batteries to see the battery model number listed on the right side of the window.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)-How to Find HP Laptop Battery Model Number
Most laptop computers have a built-in battery that is rechargeable and powers the hardware when the laptop is unplugged. They lack the power to retain a charge with time, despite the fact that they are rechargeable. After around 1,000 charges, your laptop’s battery may no longer be able to hold its charge like it used to.
You can test your laptop battery to see how much charge it can hold and then compare that figure to the manufacturer’s estimates. To do this, you will need a computer with a removable battery. The steps below will show you how to test your laptop battery.
- Ensure that the battery is completely charged.
- Unplug the charger from the laptop and turn it on.
- Let the computer run until it turns off or until you get a low battery warning, whichever comes first.
- When your computer shuts down, remove the battery and plug in the power cord. Please turn on the laptop again and let it run until it shuts off again, or you get a low battery warning, whatever comes first.
- Note how long your computer ran while connected to external power versus while running on just its internal battery power (you may want to write this figure down).
Heat kills all batteries. The hotter a battery gets, the faster it drains and the shorter it will last. Utilize a laptop cooler to maintain the temperature down if your laptop gets too hot. Moreover, Lithium-ion batteries do not like to be drained completely. A full discharge wears them out faster than partial discharges do. So, try to store them at 50% charge at least.
You can find out what battery your laptop has by looking at your receipt, browsing the manufacturer’s website, or using a universal battery finder. The easiest method is to use the universal laptop battery finder, which requires you to enter the model number of your laptop.
- Use a universal battery finder
- Look at your receipt
- Browse the manufacturer’s website
Wrapping it up-How to Find HP Laptop Battery Model Number?
Laptop batteries become weak or dead over time. If you want to replace the battery, you must find the correct laptop battery model prior to doing so. Alternatively, you will be unable to get your original laptop to work properly. The steps covered here may help you regardless of your level of expertise with computers and laptops.