Last Updated on June 13, 2022 by Alex D Conner
Screenshots are a convenient way to show others what’s on your computer screen. You have a variety of options for taking screenshots on Samsung laptops, depending on what you want to capture. If you do not know how to take a screenshot on a Samsung laptop, then you are at the right article.
Today, I’ll demonstrate how to screenshot on a Samsung laptop using various methods. Samsung laptops can be screened in a variety of ways. In this tutorial, we will discuss some of the best and simple methods that can be used to capture screenshots on your Samsung laptop or desktop PC.
- 1 These Are Some Methods to Take Screenshots on Samsung Laptop:
- 1.1 Method 1: Take a Screenshot of a Samsung Laptop Running Windows 10
- 1.2 Method 2: Take an Active Screen Screenshot on Samsung Computer
- 1.3 Method 3:Utilize Snip & Sketch Tool
- 1.4 Method 4: Take Samsung Laptop Screenshot Using Snipping Tool
- 1.5 Method 5: How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Laptop Using Game Bar
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 3 Wrapping it up
These Are Some Methods to Take Screenshots on Samsung Laptop:
Method 1: Take a Screenshot of a Samsung Laptop Running Windows 10
For those having a Samsung notebook with Windows 10 operating system, here’s how to screenshot on Samsung laptop Windows 10:
- Simultaneously, press the Windows and PrtScr buttons to capture the entire screen. It will be saved in the picture folder of your device
- Similarly, if you capture the screen of only one window, then press Alt and PrtScr at a time. To get the captured screenshot open an image editor like the Paint app and then paste it on the clipboard by pressing Ctrl and V at a time.
To take an active screen to screenshot, your Samsung laptop must have Windows 10 operating system. You need to press the Alt + Print Screen button to copy the screenshot and then go to any image editing software and paste it by giving Ctrl + V command.
- Select the screen among many you want to take a screenshot of
- After that, give your laptop the command to copy the screen by pressing the Alt + Print Screen button
- Once you are done, open any picture editing tool and use Ctrl + V command to paste it there
- Now, save the active screen screenshot on your Samsung laptop by pressing Ctrl + S
Taking screenshots on a Windows 10 computer is easy, and there are multiple ways to do it. You can use some of the built-in apps that come with the operating system, or you can download an app from Microsoft Store to take screenshots. The use of this Snip & Sketch tool is not hard as it might seem to newbies.
And you can use Snip & Sketch, which was created for Windows 10 and provides more advanced features than the older tool. Snip & Sketch supports screenshots on Windows 10 laptops and desktop computers. These steps are:
- Start the search by typing “snip” in the search bar.
- Select Snip & Sketch from the results.
- Click New to begin your screenshot process.
- The screen will freeze while Snip & Sketch prepares to capture everything displayed on your monitor.
- To capture a part of the screen, draw a rectangle around it.
- As soon as you let go of your mouse button, the screenshot will automatically save in PNG format in a folder called Pictures/Screenshots on your hard drive.
Method 4: Take Samsung Laptop Screenshot Using Snipping Tool
- Open the application or screen you want to capture as a picture.
- Press Windows+Shift+S on your keyboard (or Screen snip button in Action center). A grayed-out screen will appear, with a different cursor on your screen.
- Click and drag using the mouse to select the specific portion of the laptop screen. Release the click to take the screenshot. You will not be able to save the screenshot, but you can copy it to the clipboard.
- After completing this step, you can open up an image editing program like the Paint app and paste the screenshot into the editor.
- Snipping Tool’s window will appear. Click the New icon on the top left corner. Use your mouse/cursor to draw out a rectangle around what you want to capture in a Screenshot.
Method 5: How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Laptop Using Game Bar
You can utilize the Game Bar in Windows 10 to capture the screen of your Samsung laptop. Windows 10 has a built-in screenshot tool called Game Bar, primarily meant to capture gameplay footage. But it also includes a screenshot function. To use Windows 10’s Game Bar to take screenshots on your Samsung laptop, follow these steps:
- Open up the Game Bar by pressing the Windows and G at the same time.
- You will be required to enable this feature if you have not done that before.
- Click the camera icon to take a screenshot of your entire screen, or click the drop-down arrow next to the camera icon and then select “Screenshot.”
- Your Samsung laptop will save the image in PNG format to your Videos folder in a “Captures.”
What is The Shortcut key For Screenshots in Windows 10?
By pressing Windows + PrtScn, a snapshot of your full laptop screen will be taken and saved to your Pictures folder. Same way, you can press keystrokes Alt and PrtScn to capture the screen of the active window. Using this program, you will be able to take a picture of your currently-active window and copy it to your clipboard. The image must be opened in an image editor to be saved.
How Do You Take a Screenshot on a Samsung Laptop Windows 11?
Windows 11 makes it possible to take screenshots on Samsung laptops. To do so, press the Print Screen (PrtScr) key on your keyboard. Using Alt & PrtScn simultaneously will also capture a screenshot of an active window.
Where are the Screenshots Saved on Samsung Laptop?
Samsung laptops save screenshots as PNG files in your Pictures folder when you take a screenshot. The image will not be auto copied to the clipboard. If you want to copy and paste a screenshot, you will need to save the image to your clipboard manually.
Samsung laptops offer some great built-in capabilities that help in taking screenshots. Here, we have shared all the possible methods about ‘how to screenshot on Samsung laptop or desktop PCs.’ If you are using a Samsung laptop and do not know how to take a screenshot, then follow any of the popular and simple methods discussed above.